Book #45: Pemba's Song:A Ghost Story by Marilyn Nelson and Tonya C. Hegamin
Pemba and her mother move from Brooklyn to Connecticut. As soon as Pemba arrives at the new house, she knows something isn't right. She begins having blackouts and sees an 18th century African-American girl. Something terrible happened to Phyllys, a slave that lived in the house hundred of years earlier, and she needs Pemba's help. Working with Abraham, an eccentric old man who lives nearby, Pemba must uncover the girl's story to finally put her to rest.
This book was a quick read. I enjoyed it but would have liked a bit more meat. My students liked this book a lot and were very excited to read it. They breezed through it quickly and easily. I would recommend it for about 4th to 12th grade (although the older kids may get bored with it and want more to they story just like I did.)
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment