Quick story.
After school on Friday, the staff threw a baby shower and a wedding shower (not for the same person). Because we rarely all have to opportunity to be in the same room at the same time, we always go around and say what's new in each grade. "Mrs. D won't be back next year, her husband got a job in France." or "Miss C. bought a new car." or "Mr. W is going on a cruise." You know. Same boring stuff we hear every time.
Being 6th grade and last to go, my teammates and I always try to concoct some sort of elaborate story because we are all so boring in real life.
(A little background on my team before I go any further. 75% of us are married...any guesses on the only single gal? How'd you guess? Yes, it's me. Right now I'm on track with 2 lovely ladies who are trying to get pregnant.)
Having just had the "Are you pregnant yet?" conversation with many friends (I know, awkward) I immediately thought pregnancy...
We finally get to 6th grade and the 3 of us look at each other then our team leader shouts, "We're ALL pregnant!"
There is a 2.5 second pause of shock for 3 ladies on the same team being pregnant then I get open-mouth stares from every.single.person. It was great. Then embarrassing. And I had to quickly retract the entire statement because I don't want anyone thinking I'm easy. Also, no one on the team is pregnant.
But that's not the best part.
My teammate who began this juicy gossip on Friday came into class today to tell me something secret. She whispered it to me in front of my class. As she was saying it, my class starts to murmur. "Hey! No secrets in this class!"
My teammate and I look at each other. She smiles slyly. I begin to speak without thinking (6th graders rub off). I blurt, "I'm pregnant and getting married!"
Looks of wonder and woots of joy followed by "Miss J. I'm still trying to find a man for you!"
I again had to immediately take this back. I just shouted "April Fools!" and hoped everything would be okay.
Fast forward about 5 hours...
It's the end of the day. We're cleaning up and getting homework passed out. One boy comes up to me and asks, "So, you're not really pregnant, right?" "No, H.D. I'm not." "And you're not getting married?" "Nope. I'm not getting married." "Okay. I just wanted to make sure."
But this is all leading up to an epic April Fool's Day* joke. I'm so excited! You'll hear about it on Thursday!
*I know April Fool's Day is over. It was a weekend and I didn't get to do anything so I'm doing something with my team on Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment