Me: "Hey, you guys wanna hear a secret?"
Every single student in the room with wide, excited eyes: "YES!"
As I'm opening my mouth, A.M. interrupts with: "You're pregnant!" then snickers like he's made a funny joke.
As I'm opening my mouth, A.M. interrupts with: "You're pregnant!" then snickers like he's made a funny joke.
Me: "Well, actually, yes. I am pregnant."
Blank stares. Confused choruses of, "Wait. What? Really?"
Me: "Yes, I'm really pregnant."
Still blank stares.
I told my husband about this when I got home yesterday.
Husband: "Don't worry. They'll go home and tell their moms and be really excited tomorrow."
Turns out husbands know everything. That's exactly what happened. Except he forgot to mention the pissed off part. They're excited and pissed. Excited for the baby but pissed I didn't tell them immediately. I had to explain that pregnant ladies don't usually tell people until later. That was a new concept for them. They still think they should have known right after I told husband. Sorry, guys...maybe next time.
Here's where the perks are coming in.
Now that they know I'm pregnant they don't give me a hard time about eating in front of them or resting my legs on their desks or making them walk to me because "my feet hurt."
I may see if they'll push me around in my wheely chair all day tomorrow. Perks.


No comments:
Post a Comment