Tuesday, April 26, 2011

San Francisco...Aquarium of the Bay

One of the first days we were in San Francisco, we visited Aquarium of the Bay.  This aquarium is a lot cooler than the one in Utah...mostly because they have a tunnel you get to walk through and all the sea creatures swim over you.  I liked it a lot.  So much so, I made us walk through twice.

Jellyfish are probably one of the coolest sea creatures.
See, really cool, right?
I pretty much love starfish.
Especially when I get to pet them.
How many of you have seen the underside of a stingray?
Or pet one?  Probably a lot of you.  This really isn't that uncommon.
Why does this happen?  Because it looks cool, that's why.
We saw the octopi, octopuses, (I honestly have no idea what the plural of octopus is...I like octopi so that's what I'm going with.)  We saw two octopi...chilling in a crack in the wall.


As we began walking away, the guide in the tunnel said one octopus was moving and that was a very neat thing to see because they are usually very sedentary.  Awesome. I decided to call him Adventure Octopus.

Also, this octopus changes colors.  Red and white.  How neat is that?
Then it began to climb the glass tunnel.  It was super cool.

Here' a little video of Adventure Octopus.


Pretty cool, yes?

I really liked this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails