Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ash H. is an Idiot: Story #3218

Scene: Early Saturday morning, Husband and I are standing in the bathroom getting ready.

Husband: "Can I talk you into coming with me [to fix cars]?  I could really use the help."
Me: "I have lots to do around here and I was going to run a few errands.  Don't you have some brothers that could learn how to do whatever it is you're doing today?"
Husband: "Please.  I'd really like to spend time with you today."
Me: "I really need to get stuff done.  I'm going to pass."

And pass I did.  In retrospect, I should have joined him.  I would have gotten just as much done.

Here's the story.

As Husband left, I began cleaning the house.  I quickly became bored and decided to run the errands I had planned.

As I was leaving I thought, "Man, I'm hungry.  I should have eaten lunch.  Oh, wait!  I have a coupon for a free sandwich at Chick-fil-a!  I'll just run in there and grab a sandwich then be on my way."

Bad choice.  I locked my keys in my car.  Ugh.  So I call Husband and say, "Guess what I did again."  (Yes, again.  This new-to-us '94 Sentra doesn't ding when the door is open and your keys are still in the ignition.  Dang 1994 and their cars that make it so easy to lock keys inside.) He thought I was going to say "killed the car" (I've also done that twice since December.  Maybe I should just get a bus pass.) I told him the story.  He told me he was up to his elbows in car parts and wouldn't be able to come save me for about an hour.  No big deal.  I'll just wander around the stores around the area.

I wondered through Shoe Carnival, Michael's, Sport Chalet, Michael's again and finally as a last resort, PetSmart.   I say it was a last resort because I'm not a big animal person.  I hate the way those stores smell, I hate....well, that might be it.  It's the smell.  Bleck!

Anyway, it was adoption day at PetSmart.  Despite my aversion to pets and horrible smells, I was thisclose...if you could see me you'd know I have my pointer finger and my thumb almost touching.  This close, people.  THISclose...to adopting an 11 year old lab.  His owner had died.  How sad.  This dog was just so sad.  You could see it in his eyes.  Oh, how I wanted to take him out of that tiny cage and love him and hug him and take him on walks.  He was just so sad and he definitely kept staring at me.  For real, peeps.  STARING.  He was for real trying to ESP me from his little dog brain "Take me home, Ash.  Take me.  You know you want to.  Look how cute but sad I am.  You're husband would like me too.  And I'd be perfectly happy in your little house with no yard...promise."

But I left without him.  I left with tears in my eyes.  I'm such a baby.

Just as I was leaving without my puppy soulmate, Husband called.  He came, unlocked my car and off he went.  And off I went to do my hours of errands in 1 hour.  Ugh.

Moral of the story: Just help your husband if he asks nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails