Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Snack Time!

My school began getting healthy snacks twice a week. 

Our first snack was today.  It was carrots that are not orange (What?!  I know...who knew?  Actually I did but I'm not fancy enough or pretentious enough to actually buy them.) ...I'm sure there is some sort of fancy name for them but I don't know what it is and I'm too lazy to Google it.  Feel free to inform me if you know.  I'm going to call them heirloom carrots.  Any time you get a crazy looking vegetable, someone tells you "Oh, these are heirloom (insert random vegetables here)."  And then you feel fancy eating them.


Aren't they pretty?

My students weren't too impressed.  "These taste like normal carrots!"  "I don't think it's healthy to put all that food dye in carrots." "I wish we had ranch!"  "These smell like my turtle's food."  "Do I have to try these?"  I thought they were cool and I was excited to eat a carrot during math.  I had a white one and orange/red one...they did taste like normal carrots.

I'm stoked for tomorrow...grapples!

3 comments:

  1. They smell like my turtle's food. I laughed out loud! Congratulations child who said that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ARE cool!! Why are they different colors? Are they different types?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails