I did not expect it to be over 100 degrees every day we were there when I planned this trip in early May. Ugh. I'm not a fan of hot weather, especially when I'm pregnant.
We left Friday afternoon and got to St. George at about 5pm. We decided to have dinner then swim in the pool at the hotel. Luckily, swimming wears out children and Tate fell asleep pretty easily.
On Saturday we woke up and ate breakfast then headed out to the St. George temple. We walked around the grounds and went through the visitor's center. After that we went to the St. George Children's Museum. It was really fun and Tate loved the farm/house room. Some of the rooms were too advanced for Tate but we had a good time anyway.
Next door to the museum is a little splash pad. It was already so hot that we decided to let Tate run through it in his clothes for a while. He loved it!
We stopped at the Bear Paw Cafe for lunch. It was very yummy. Tate tried some of Husband's Italian soda.
He's not really a fan of any sort of carbonation.
After a nice family nap we went to the outlets (which are not very awesome, btw). Tate looked like a hot mess. Apparently I did too (because I forgot to bring a brush and my hair was all kinds of crazy) but I didn't get any pictures of myself.
After the outlets, we went to Wingers for dinner. In case you were wondering, this was Tate's 4th meal that consisted of only fries and dip...we're on vacation, the only necessary vegetable is ketchup.
Sunday we went to church and headed home. We stopped at a rest stop in Scipio (I think) that had a petting zoo with all kinds of animals. We saw a camel, zebra, geese, goats, horses and donkeys. It was pretty cool, especially for free. We got home at about 5pm. For an almost 2 year old, Tate handled the trip very well. We need to take more family vacations, preferably ones that don't involve more than 5 hours of driving.


No comments:
Post a Comment