Monday, January 7, 2013

A Few (Mostly Baby-Related) Things

First, teaching a solely breast fed 4 month old baby to accept formula is not a battle I would wish on my worst enemy.  I was/am against formula.  I know that it is not the healthiest option for my baby but after I went back to work I wasn't able to produce as much.  Now Baby is never satisfied.  He wants to eat about every 2 hours (when I'm around).  Normally, I would contribute that to some sort of growth spurt but when it continues for over a month...  Anyway, we tried forcing him to eat it...for about 1 ounce (most of which ended up all over his shirt) and adding a little to breast milk (3 oz/.5 oz.).  He did better with the mixture but was not happy about it.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Second, even though I think he's starving, look how chunky my little is.


Third, is anyone else about to die because of how cold it has been?  If I don't die from hypothermia the icicles hanging from the ceiling/bottom of the upstairs neighbor's deck may kill me.

Winter's spears of death
Fourth, how fast do baby finger nails grow?  For real I trimmed those things 2 days ago and this morning Baby has a chunk taken out of his forhead.

Okay, the "chunk" doesn't really look that bad but it was, trust me.
Fifth, is mine the only baby obsessed with cameras/cell phones?  The other day, Baby missed his evening nap and by the time he was tired it was way too close to bed time so I was keeping him awake.  That made him super ornery and he was making the funniest faces and noises so I decided to take out my camera and document it. As soon as he saw the camera he was fine and these are the only pictures I got:


Then this one from last night:


Sixth, can your baby do an assisted back flip?  Mine can.

That is not a face plant at the end
Seventh, I might be a little obsessed with my baby.


Last,  my mom had a birthday yesterday.  Happy Birthday, Mom!

I think my grandpa likes Baby.  Look how he looks at him.  Precious.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how you feel about the formula breastmilk issue. Supplementing formula for Brooklyn has made breastfeeding very difficult. She wants to eat every 2 hours as well, which sucks since she takes 40 min to breastfeed. No time for anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails