Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Prizefighter Alien

I've said this before but newborn babies are ugly.  Now that I've got one of my own on the way, I am very worried that my unabashed proclamation of this fact is going to bite me in the butt...HARD. 

I'm sure I'll think Baby H. is the cutest baby ever born but in reality he will probably look just like all other newborn babies...swollen, prizefighter alien. 

I was at a baby shower a few weekends ago talking with another mommy-to-be.  We both agreed that new babies are ugly and they stay ugly until they are about two months old or so.  I was so relieved that I'm not the only person who feels this way.  We both agreed not to judge the other one if we don't send out baby announcements until our babies get a bit cuter.

That being said, don't expect any sort of official-comes-in-the-mail baby announcement until March...especially after putting my feelings about baby ugliness on the internet...twice.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh :D I remember thinking Bryn was so beautiful at the hospital and looking back at pictures makes me laugh. She is unrecognizable!! We waited til she was a week old to do her pics-they cooperate well at that age. Then all the swelling goes down and they look more like a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails