I have some students who struggle with math a lot. We were working with numbers with decimals today. JD (of this amazing post) says, "What are these dots in these numbers?"
Trying to be a responsive teacher and teach to all students and teach what each student needs, I began to explain decimals and how they work to her.
JD promptly interrupts me with, "I don't know what the hay-ell is going on here."
In unison, the whole class, "What?!"
JD: "I said, 'I don't know what the hay-ell is going on here.' You know, like the stuff that falls from the sky."
F: "That's hail. Not hay-ell."
J: "I think you mean hell. JD just swore in math. HA!"
Oh, gosh.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Math is hard! Tell your students they can swear as much as they want. Especially once they get to geometry. Really... when will I ever need to know how big this triangle is?
ReplyDelete