
I would stop at a gas station on my way to work every morning and fill up then drink the beverage through the morning (read as: in front of my class). Almost every day someone would ask if they could bring soda to school and I would say, "HECK NO!" and continue on in my hypocritical ways. Listen kids, it's do as I say, not as I do.
However, on Saturday April 3rd, I gave it up. I just said, "You can't control me, Pepsi!" And so it was. I was done. Never to partake again.
Easter Sunday was rough and I thought I was going to die. Oh, the life of an addict. I struggled through though and didn't go back on my word (though I wanted to with every fiber of my being!).
My class went back on-track on Tuesday. Tuesday was rough but had nothing to do with the lack of caffeine.
On Wednesday, I had a professional development class and one of my teammates asked if I wanted him to pour me a cup of Coke.
Me: "Nope. I've given it up."
Mr.: "Oh, really? When?"
Me: "Saturday."
Mr.: "Oh, well when you fall off the wagon I'll be there with a cold Coke waiting."
Me: "No. I'm really done and you can't tempt me."
Mr.: "I believe you, I'm just saying I always have a Coke if you need one."
Me: "Ok. I'll keep that in mind."
But I have been strong. I've resisted his tempations.
On Thursday, one of my students finally noticed that I hadn't had any soda all week.
J.: "Miss J., you haven't had a soda all week. Are you just drinking them really fast now so we don't see them?"
Me: "Nope, I gave it up. I'm not drinking soda any more."
J.: "Why would you do that?"
Me: "Because soda eats your insides and I like my insides intact."
J.: (Puzzled look) "Ooooh."
I'm happy to report that it has now been two weeks and not a drop of soda has entered my body.



tea in the morning is always wonderful
ReplyDelete