Saturday I stayed up way too late...3:30am to be precise. The next day when I slept through the first hour of church, was struggling to even keep my eyes open for the next one and was called out for "napping" during the third (side note: I was just resting my eyes), I made a promise to myself to get enough sleep every night this week. I said to myself, "I will go to bed no later than midnight every night this week. Then on Friday I will celebrate the crap out of being off-track."
This promise was not kept on the first night of said pact with self. I was up until 1:30am. (Dang you, Rich and your silly games! Even though I am/was tired, I am not complaining about these games...keep them coming.)
Yesterday I recommitted myself to this promise. Even though I had friends over, I went to bed at 11pm...WHAT?! I don't think I've gone to bed during pm hours in a month or more. I was so excited to get to bed on time and thought I was going to be so well rested this morning. I knew I was going to be energetic and able to get up early enough to work out and it was going to be a great day.
That did not happen. I slept through my alarm (and woke up 30 minutes before I had to leave for work), I had a headache, I didn't get to work out, and I was super ornery.
What's the deal? Has my body finally adjusted to 4 hours of sleep a night and now it doesn't know what to do with the 8 I gave it? How has more sleep equaled more ornery? Ugh. Actually, double ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Get your sleep now before you have kids. Trust me.... when you have newborns, you get VERY little sleep. Especially when you have twins! Savor your sleep now and as Lucas would say... get lots and lots.
ReplyDelete