Friday, March 26, 2010

Journal Gems

My students have been writing in journals since the first day of school. Sometimes I give them topics to write on, sometimes I let them write about anything they want.

On our last day of school, I gathered all the journals (yes, this is the first time, oops!) and have been reading through them. While most of the writing is mediocre at best, I have gotten some gems out of these journals. For example:

L. (the boy who gave us the gems of proper English Lady and "Hey laaaady!") said: "I can't help it if my face is so beautiful that girls just want to date me."

J. (I've never talked about her before because she is very quiet and doesn't give me gems like some of the other kids do.) said: "I love this class because my teacher, Miss J., is the best teacher ever...When I have to go to 7th grade, I'm going to cry and cry and cry and cry and cry and keep crying because I don't want to leave this classroom and Miss J. because she does not stop teaching until we all get it. That's why she's the best teacher even in the whole world." (I had to add this for my own narcissistic tendencies, not because it was funny or anything.)

She also said: "Miss J. is the best teacher in the whole world, I mean it, she is too good for all of the men out there. So watch out you women, Miss J. she is going to wop your butt so hide your men because she will take them from you because your men will look at her and leave you and go with her." Yep, what she said, you women. Oh, man. I almost peed when I read this one!

K. said: "Yesterday, Miss B.'s sub was so cute!!! L. and I went to mix-it-up and he was our teacher...well, we saw him and both said at the same time that he looked like EDWARD!!! Oh, and the sub was nice."

H. (who talks exactly like he writes) said: "I still don't get the whole point of this assignment because I think my palm will explode before I finish this page. No joke dude. I am not playing."

I haven't read all of the journals yet so I'm sure you'll hear a few more before I go back on track. This is why 6th grade is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha These were so funny to read!! Don't ya love what kids write in their journals! One of my first graders wrote "my teacher is a vampire with big muscles that eats hot dogs." I still haven't figured that one out! haha
    That is so cute that one girl doesn't want to leave your class. I bet you are the best 6th grade teacher ever! I remember mine being so old and mean. haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails