Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Personal Goals...Really? That's What You're Working On?

I finally got around to getting my students to write down some goals. I wanted them to write 2 personal goals, 2 friend and/or school goals, and 2 family goals.

(Let me remind you that I work with 11 and 12 year olds.)

These are the personal goals I got from one boy in my class:

1. Be more awesome

2. Find a girlfriend

I said, "K. you don't need a girlfriend, girls are annoying."

K.: "No they're...WAIT! You're a girl!"

Me: "I know and I'll say it again. Girls are annoying."

K.: "Miss J, girls are not annoying. And I need a girlfriend."

Me: "Let's make a deal. You can have a girlfriend when you're in 11th grade."

K.: "Ugh. Miss J, can I just go to the mall and find one?"

Me: "No. Go do your math."


Why do 11-year-old students think they need girlfriends/boyfriends. Ewwww...have you smelled each other lately? Have you noticed how your bodies are going crazy and you can't control yourself? Why in the world would you want to hold hands and...ack, do I dare...possibly kiss?

Saying that just made me vomit in my mouth a little bit.

If you are less than 16 and reading this post remember this and thank me later...

YOU DO NOT NEED A GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND RIGHT NOW.
Concentrate on something productive like doing your homework and playing sports.


P.S. This is post number 200. Woot! My bloggy baby is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails