Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Third Trimester Summer

The first 3 weeks of my summer vaction consisted mostly of trainings.  I was waking up early, showering and getting things done.  It was almost like it wasn't summer and I wasn't pregnant.

Then the second 3 weeks started and coincidentally, so did my third trimester.

At this point in my pregnancy I've become extremely tired (no matter how many hours I sleep at night or how many naps I take throughout the day.) but extremely unable to sleep.  Extremely unable to sleep...that's a thing.  On a good night I go about two hours without waking up but when the horrible back pain or itty bitty bladder wake me up it's like I've been beaten and sleeping in one position for 12 hours.  I didn't realize how badly my shoulders and hips could hurt.

Also, I'm melting.  It's super hot and it's only the beginning of summer.  It's going to be a long and hot 10 weeks.  

And, my cankle is back. Same side, just as annoying.  Actually, probably more annoying.


Did I mention the no energy/no desire to do anything other than sit around in my underwear (because I'm melting) and watch episode after episode of Bones?  Third trimester, you are not my friend.  Maybe it's because I don't have (because it's summer and I don't have a job for the next few weeks) to do anything that my energy and desire are so low but...I think I'd take the first trimester nausea and tiredness over this third trimester suck-fest any day of the week.

And my house looks like it exploded.  Everything is where it shouldn't be.  I had this amazing idea to paint the baby's room yesterday.  I moved a bed and other bedroom furniture into the hall (because any farther and I probably would have died), put all the baby stuff in the closet (not in an organized way or anything...just jammed it all in there), painted the trim and part of the ceiling, realized it was getting late and we had plans and stopped painting...leaving all the crap where I put it originally...wherever it stopped.  Our hall and living room are an obstacle course, especially for a pregnant lady.  It's fun.  You should come over.  Maybe I'll charge an entrance fee.

Also, I haven't been grocery shopping in about 2 weeks.


What's for dinner?  How about a lettuce, pickle, kiwi and onion sandwich with a side of any condiment you could think of.  Sounds delicious!

We don't even have milk, people.  I'm kinda losing at life right now.  I should at least get a few groceries but I'd rather take a nap.

And this is the last time I will be complaining about being pregnant because honestly I've had it pretty good and I hear the end product is all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. This summer is too hot especially being pregnant and I am 3 months behind you. I am melting too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails