Friday, November 5, 2010

I Try to Sew

Remember when I blogged about my pictorial evidence of thinking I can sew?  Well, it's here . . .

I always have sewing ideas in my head that turn out perfectly...in my head.  But then I remember how I have absolutely no patience for measuring or being exact with anything.  Ugh.  That being said, I still try things.

I saw this tutorial and thought, "I have old tank tops that I don't wear.  I like dresses a lot.  I think I can do that."  And so I did.  

Being me, I got bored real fast and decided to skip a few steps . . . namely the "pin the crap out of this so it doesn't slid all over the place" step. 

Here's what I learned: Don't skip that step.  It's a bad idea.

 The sewing started off well (left side, I pinned that) but then it just ended up a big mess of fabric.

My hand is where the skirt should have been sewn to the tank top.  It's just a little off.  No big deal.

 Let's just say, I didn't end up wearing this but I will try again with my new found sewing knowledge.

Repeat after me: Pins are friends.

1 comment:

  1. This definitely sounds like something that would happen to me if I tried to sew.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails