Tuesday, February 9, 2010

J.G.P. Kid Lawyer

One of my students came to school today in a full-on suit...tie and all. He also had a box from a MacBook Pro to carry his lunch in.

I said something to the effect of, "J. you look like a lawyer. You're officially the lawyer of our field trip."

So, all day I hear, "J. G. P., Kid Lawyer. I fight for you!"

This turned into a running joke with all the 6th graders. They decided they'd begin to "sue" each other over little infractions by saying something like, "J.G.P., kid lawyer, is going to take you to the cleaners."

The best line came at the end of the day though. As we are riding public transit home, one boy shouts, "My lawyer, J.G.P., is going to sue you. And he's got a briefcase full of lunch!"

Oh, 6th graders! I heart you most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails