The weather on Friday was amazing. The weather today (Sunday) was amazing. The weather yesterday ruined my life.
I got my keys late Friday evening so my mom and I went over to the condo to vacuum, clean walls, and clean the carpet. We got done about 9, said "Goodbye new home, see you tomorrow" and went home. Little did I know tomorrow would be a horrible day.
I wake up at 7:30 to begin getting things packed into a pick-up truck only to see that it was snowing outside and the snow was sticking to the ground which means the snow was also sticking to the truck outside. Ugh! I don't want wet things. What to do? Call Budget-Rent-A-Truck.
We got lucky and they had one (giant) truck left. I thought it was going to be really expensive but it's actually quite affordable and I didn't have wet things when we arrived. (As a side note, next time don't park so close to the garage. Courtney's collision with the garage door that almost caused a concussion was not fun and it cost me one worker. She thought that just because she was almost concussed she could get out of working. Geeze. The nerve!)
By the time we headed to the condo it was snowing kittens and puppies. Double ugh.
Fast forward 2 hours. We're almost done. My arms are so tired from holding and lifting boxes that I can't raise them above my head any more. My jeans are soaking wet up to my knees. I can't feel my feet any more. I'm sweaty and gross. And I'm starving. I probably wasn't very friendly at this time.
We saved the mattress for last hoping the snow would let up (it didn't). Then my neighbor shows up and offers to help. We jump on his offer. Thank goodness one of the three guys that live next door is a gentleman.
Hallelujah, we're done. To celebrate, we went out to Mexican...looking like white trash. It was great and we got many stares but I didn't care.
All I've done is set up my bed. I was so sick of moving that I couldn't do anything else.
Stay tuned for pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment