After yesterday (and the 5 weeks preceding it), we cracked down hard on the 6th graders today.
The day began with me picking the kids up from outside. I told them they were to walk in silently and remain silent until their teacher told them otherwise. If they chose to not do this they would be missing all recess for that day.
Three students began the day by having their recess taken away for the day.
Whining, complaining and being disrespectful led to pulled cards and Think Times. I had a kid in Think Time within 5 minutes of the day starting. This same kid spent about 90% of his time in Think Time today.
The rest of my students were terrified. No one spoke in more than a stifled whisper until lunch. We got a lot done.
Hopefully tomorrow we won't have to be as crazy Nazi as today.
But...I'm sure we probably will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



oh i so feel your pain. this was my year last year. good luck. crack them now and they should behave the rest of the year.
ReplyDelete